Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Enough water...

I'm on a business trip in West TN for the rest of the week and I have the best of intentions to stick to all of my goals for the week. Now, whether or not that happens is entirely up to my motivation! It's a 5 hour drive from home to where I am and a day after doing legs, sitting for 5 hours isn't exactly what I had envisioned, but that's what had to happen. Once we got here we had about two hours before we needed to be at our meeting, so we lunched (at Chick-fil-a) and rested a bit at our hotel.

We headed over to our meeting and had a great four-hour conversation about wonderful work things! The problem with this great four-hour meeting was that we were never once offered a sip of water. In my fitbook I established a goal to drink two of my water bottles per day. Thanks to our hosts oversight in offering us sustenance, I failed to meet my goal of drinking my water. Today I was also supposed to do 20 minutes of cardio before I left K-town. But, because I didn't go to sleep until after 11p.m. and I had to leave the house at 7:30 a.m., it didn't happen. But, what did happen was this: after my delicious dinner of mussels and angel hair pasta, two glasses of wonderful red wine, and a bit of cheesecake (is all of that bad?) I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at the hotel. I did the extra ten minutes because of the cheesecake.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do upper body and 20-minutes of cardio again. The challenge? We have an hour and a half drive in the morning and then I have 5-6 hours of training ahead of me. Hopefully I'll get it done!

Thought for the day? How do you keep to your workout schedule when you are on the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment