Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crazy Day

Today was super busy, not just at work, but home too. We got home at 5:30, I started laundry, prepped my green beans for dinner, did another load of wash, ate a pre-workout snack, got dressed for the gym and headed out. 

I had an appointment with Oli tonight, but he inadvertently double-booked my appointment time. Since I was at the gym, and had convinced David to come with me, I figured I might as well workout like I was planning. Besides, with the trainer there asking me if I remember the leg workout we did last week and telling me to just do that, I didn't have a whole lot of say in the matter. I'd already done my 10 minute Arc Trainer warm up and was sweaty, so why not just finish the whole workout?

When I don't eat enough or don't eat the right foods before I exert a lot of energy I get the shakes. Oli introduced me to one of my favorite new post-workout snacks: Shot Bloks, strawberry flavor. I must have pushed myself pretty hard because I was shaky tonight. So we came home, I grabbed three Bloks, had some water and OJ and felt nearly like myself again. Then I cooked dinner. Tonight was crazy, but the thing that I'm most proud of is that I stuck to it. If I'd known that Oli had double-booked me before I left the house, I may not have gone to the gym. I'm glad that I did.

Today was also the first day that I made entries into my Fitbook. I can say that I ate decently (Christmas goodies have started arriving at the office) and completed my workout. I met my daily goals! It's all about baby steps, right? So here's my question for you today: What do you do to keep yourself motivated to go to the gym when you don't want to? Answer in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment