Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A couple days ago I wrote about new clothes and wondering if that would help motivate me for working out. You can see that post here. I placed a rather large order from Old Navy and ordered two things from Dick's Sporting Goods. I reference the Nike pants in the post I just linked to, and I have to say - they are the best $45 I've spent on workout clothes! Love them. And, better yet, they look good on me! So I can say that for now, that plan was a success. The cute clothes make me feel good at the gym.

I don't know if it's the holidays or the stress I'm feeling from work that is making me feel demotivated, but I'm bound and determined to nip it in the bud. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it's the work stress that is really getting to me. I've got a big project that was supposed to be done by the end of the year that isn't going to be done. It's not really on my head that it's not done because of the other people that I'm working with, but it's still really frustrating me. I do really well with goals and timelines, and when I don't meet one of those, I have a tendency to internalize things and put more pressure on myself.

I worked from home today and had an epiphany. I need to relax! I need to destress and leave work at work. I've asked for Friday off and scheduled a massage for that morning.

Merry Christmas to me!

Oli is going to South Africa for two weeks and when I met with him tonight he had written up 5 workout plans for me to do while he's gone. I'm kind of looking forward to it because I know that they'll be challenging. I like continually proving to myself that I can do these workouts that he plans for me. I also have realized that I push myself harder when I don't workout with him. Don't get me wrong, I push myself plenty hard when he's standing right in front of me, but I don't slack as much as I could when he's not there.

After my session with him tonight I was high on the endorphins that you get from working out! If I could only remember what that feels like at the beginning of my workout sessions or when I'm not feeling motivated to go, I'd be able to kick ass all the time at the gym.

My question to you today Is this: What's your favorite thing about working out-the sweat, the endorphins, the cute clothes?! Oh yeah - I almost forgot - I'm down 1.2 pounds from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment