Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Foodie Penpals

The Lean Green Bean

This is a bit late, but I have had a busy month and never took the time to do it right after I got my pictures taken. I got my package from Alex over at Healthy Life, Happy Wife. Boy, oh boy. Did I hit the big time. She sent me some great goodies that I hadn't gotten to experience before. Let's take a look.

This is everything that was in my box!
 All of the items in the photo below are from Trader Joe's. I've never been to a Trader Joe's before, but there is one opening in Knoxville. It was supposed to open in June, but since it's now July 1, and they are still not open I don't know when it's going to be ready. I'm really looking forward to that! The green mango is excellent. A bit tart, but sweet, too. The brownies are made with non-fat vanilla yogurt and cooked in the microwave in a coffee cup. Yum. The fruit strips and juice/puree is really tasty, too.
All sorts of yumminess from Trader Joe's.
 Oh my goodness. Those snapeas are stupendous. The kettle corn is phenomenal. It was sweet, but not too sweet like kettle corn can be sometimes. And it's lite, so it had fewer calories than real kettle corn.
I'll be buying more Snapeas.
 Alex sent me some homemade lemon meringue cookies along. They were good. I'd never had meringue cookies before. I haven't had the peppermint tea yet, but it's been a little too hot to enjoy hot tea right now. 

 I'm always looking for something to eat on my long runs. These sport beans are good. They have the same texture as jelly beans, but they don't taste exactly like jelly beans. They work, though, and that's the most important thing. Especially in this heat.
Energize before, during, and after!
I loved everything about this package. I think that I've said this every month, but it keeps getting better! I'm looking forward to this month's package - especially since I turn 30 on July 12.

Thanks again, Alex!

And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked your package!! Trader Joes is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete