Monday, April 9, 2012

Feeling good

I hope that everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. We had a great time. I made a great meal for my family and in-laws. We had ham, vinaigrette leeks with shallots, potatoes gratin, buttered sugar snap peas and carrots, and homemade (from scratch) Gruyere and chive biscuits. Oh so yummy! My mom made (from scratch) strawberry rhubarb pie. It was a great Easter lunch! Anyway - on to the real reason for this post.
I am feeling really good these days. A lot of people have been telling me that I look like I'm losing weight again. That really boosts my ego. Tonight, after we were leaving the gym, on the way to the greenway we decided to walk, my husband told me that I looked svelte(!) when I was doing my exercises. It was great to hear that. It's not that he doesn't hand out compliments to me, but he doesn't comment on my workout form or my body very frequently. I do a lot of things to try to impress him; isn't that what wives are supposed to do? I want him to love me and appreciate my body. Tonight, for the first time in a long time, he made me feel that he does appreciate my body and I didn't have to prompt him for how he thought I looked or if he was proud of me.
CalNatural Svelte Protein Shakes

I also noticed recently that my belly seems to be getting smaller (that could be the reason why DH said I was looking svelte(!)). I'm down 3 pounds and I'm really excited about that. I know that it's only 3 pounds, but that puts me at a total of 30 pounds lost from the time I started this journey in August of 2010. My clothes fit better, my attitude is different and one of the reasons that I think this is all happening is because of that fitbit I got. There's a lot of enlightenment in awareness. I thought I was walking 8,000 steps on a regular basis. Boy - was I wrong. Not only has the display on the fitbit helped me with my awareness, but I've also been keeping a food journal. It's also made me more aware. I think that is why I'm losing weight. I'm not eating as much, I'm eating better, and I'm getting more steps in during my day.

All in all things in the Alcorn homestead are looking up! Maybe I can still lose another 5 pounds before our trip next month. I'll be down to my lowest weight since 2007 if I can lose 5 more pounds. The next goal after that is going to be to get down to what I weighed in college. I have no idea what that weight is, but I'm hoping that I'll know it when I hit it! My question for you is this: How do you handle feeling good about yourself? Does it happen as rarely for you as it does for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment