Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This post is nothing but a jumble of words that make no sense.

You've been warned...

I've been struggling with the whole blog thing lately. I don't know what that is a sign of. I've been working on a post for about 2 weeks now. It's not anything monumental for anyone else, but I think that the struggle with that is affecting other post ideas, too. I also feel like no one is going to want to read a recap of the same thing every week or so. If I posted training recaps they would eventually all start to look like this: Ran on Tuesday. Cross-trained on Wednesday. Ran on Thursday. Took Friday off. Cross-trained on Saturday. Ran a [insert slowly increasing number here] mile run on Sunday. That would get boring to read and be boring to write. I need to figure out how to mix things up I guess.

I've been struggling a lot with the same things for my Twitter feed, too. You can follow me @rebeccalcorn if there is anything in my timeline that interests you. Don't know if there will be. I don't know what's up with this self-doubt, but it's really annoying me! I think that I'm putting too much emphasis on what others will want to read and not on what I'm experiencing as I train for this half marathon and change my life. Maybe I just need to say screw what everyone else is thinking. They don't have to read the damn blog anyway. I don't need to post links to Facebook and Twitter every time I post a blog. I can type up posts and not even publish them.

I get a lot of encouragement from my friends and family on Facebook when I post that I just completed a workout or a run so it's obviously not too much of a pain in the ass to see that, but I guess I just feel like I'm forcing my mundane life on people when I say stuff like, "I just posted another blog, won't you please, please read it" or "Look what I did and how special I am." I think that I need to realize that people don't care that much. I don't know.

But then there's the other fitness bloggers that I read. Melissa over at Live, Love, & Run posted this blog about her Evolution of a Runner tonight. Holy cow. It made me cry. That's the kind of experience I want to have when I run 10-miles. I want to know that I've accomplished something, and I know that I will want to share that experience with other people.

I realize that this post is a rant and looks like I'm seeking attention and hoping that people will tell me that I'm doing an amazing job. That's not it at all. I know I'm doing a great job! I feel the difference. I guess what the bottom line is, is that I don't know if people will want to read what I write. And maybe a small part of it is that I don't know if running is all I want to write about.

Wrapping up the rant/diatribe now! What do you look for in a blog? What makes you want to read something? I've noticed that I've been getting bored with some of the bloggers that I follow. They always post about the same things. I enjoy reading some of this stuff, but I think that I'm seeking a little bit more. Help me out here! Is just reading about my running and Foodie Pen Pals enough for you? What do you want me to write about? Let me know in the comments.

I shouldn't even publish this, but I'm going to. After re-reading this I realize it's a complete babble. The only coherent section is where I talk about Melissa's accomplishment. *sigh* I'm going to go type up another, more structured, meaningful post about a workout. See - it's all I can think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment